Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Here we go again

Sounds like the topic for my 20 percent project is going to be "Is America Superior?" I'm going to have to look at this with as little bias as possible, which isn't exactly an easy task. However, I want it to be known that I'm not a believer of racial supremacy to any extent, it is simply that America as a nation has proved in only 238 years that it is capable of achieving things that other countries can't even dream. There is little debate on whether the U.S. is a superpower, considering we have been a formidable contender since the start of the 20th century. However, being "superior" means more than having the highest GDP in the world and assembling an army with unimaginable power. Every innovation and prideful aspect of our nation is why we believe this. Honestly I considered taking the stage for my project, asking everyone in the room, "Which country is superior? Well, which country has been to the moon?", and then sitting back down, case and point. I really want to be reasonable though and every country has had its moments, just like us. Perhaps I will change that word, "superior", to something less provocative. We will see.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the cost of education? At this rate we all are going to have to just sell out and bro down instead of getting educated.

    ReplyDelete