Friday, October 24, 2014

The Greatest Nation on Earth




The best place to start research would be to gather a general idea on how the U.S. truly ranks as a country. I found an interesting article which surveys people on what country they believe is the 'best'. In summary, the survey found that more people believed the U.S. was the greatest nation on Earth than it actually stands when compared to other nations.
However, it seems the younger generation believes this less and less. The image to the right shows how varying age groups think about America. It is important to note how the older generations have high rates of patriotism because traditional views may be different than modern liberal views.
Very few people disagree that the U.S. is among the greatest which proves that the general patriotism of Americans is pretty consistent. This information should be a good start and I will compare it with surveys of my own. I plan on asking high school students in America and internationally. Then, I will ask members of the older generation from different nationalities. Finally, I will ask some war veterans.


No comments:

Post a Comment